Tervis tumblers are drink ware that are both durable and adorable. I was first drawn to them while browsing in my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I love that these cups are American made and are offered with a variety of cute logos and stylish monograms. The fact that they keep hot beverages hot and cold beverages cold with little or no condensation is also appealing, but what I am especially drawn to is the colorful lids and durable straws that are also produced by the Tervis company. Teachers talk, teachers get thirsty, teachers need cute cups that can sit on their desks and hold their favorite beverages, and teachers love gifts.
Coupon in hand, I purchased some Tervis tumblers with coordinating lids and straws. I then filled them with Cracker Candy. The irregularly shaped treats fit nicely down into these cups and are visible through the clear exterior. In addition to teachers, a Tervis tumbler filled with Cracker Candy or another delicious Christmas sweet would make a nice holiday gift for bus drivers, neighbors, co-workers, and family members. My children are excited to deliver this gift to their teachers and I'm hoping Santa might place a Tervis tumbler under the tree for me too!
Cracker Candy Recipe
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
saltine crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cover a sheet pan (cookie sheet with shallow sides also know as a 1/2 sheet pan) with tin foil or if you're lucky enough to own a silpat liner use that on your sheet pan.
- Lay saltines in a single layer to completely cover the sheet pan, break a few in half to fit along the edge.
- Melt the butter and sugar over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Boil the melted butter and sugar mixture for 2 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over the saltines and spread to completely cover them (an offset spatula works great for this).
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over sheet pan.
- Return sheet pan to oven (which is now turned off) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips. Cool (place entire pan in the refrigerator if you have room).
- When cracker candy is totally cool, break it into pieces.