Happy National Bundt Cake Day! Did you celebrate this sculpted cake that has a pleasing hole in the center? My family and I did. While stranded at home with two sickish boys, I made a Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake which we enjoyed for after school snack and again for dessert. A bundt cake is simple, homey, and the ultimate comfort food.
When I heard from The Food Librarian that National Bundt Cake day was November 15th, I marked it in my calendar and began to contemplate bundts. The first thing that came to my mother's mind when I asked her about bundt cakes was the tunnel of fudge cake. That recipe won the Pillsubury bake off in the 1950's and although it called for a tube pan, many home cooks prepared it in a bundt pan. After discussing bundts with my mother, I moved onto my husband. He immediately remembered this Chocolate Pistachio Cake which my mother often made for my family to snack on when we visited her.
I chose this recipe as my National Bundt Cake Day celebration dessert because it is moist, flavorful, and my entire family loves it. With the addition of pistacio puddding, orange juice, and Hershey's chocolate syrup, a lowly white cake mix is transformed into a delectable treat. It's festive green color makes it perfect for Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, and National Bundt Cake Day, but you don't need a holiday to make Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake!
Printable Recipe for Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake
Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake Recipe
1 box white cake mix
1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Prepare bundt pan by buttering and flouring or spraying with baking spray that contains flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together cake mix, pudding mix, water, orange juice, and oil in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and mix with an electric mixer for 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Add chocolate syrup to the remaining batter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool. Dust with powdered sugar.