|When life gives you lemons. . .|
Lovin' Salads is another chapter that appeals to me. On page 101 Jamie writes, "In my view, salads are a really important part of modern-day eating. Finding ways for your family to want to eat them is what it's all about." I agree! He goes on to stress the importance of mastering "salad skills" rather than following exact recipes.
Due to my recent
|. . . make Lemon Vinaigrette and. . .|
|. . . Lemon Chicken Salad!|
inspired by Jamie Oliver's Jam Jar Lemon Dressing from Jamie's Food Revolution
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (this is a time to use your good stuff)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
zest of 1 lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
juice of 1 small or 1/2 large lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- Put 6 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small empty jar that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon zest to jar.
- Shake gently to combine.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Shake vigorously to create a creamy texture.
- Use on your favorite green salad and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Note: If you're fresh out of small, cute jars with tight fitting lids, you could whisk this vinaigrette in a bowl and create the same results.